We know it is a big step heading into kindergarten! With small class sizes our teachers are able to spend time with each of these little ones and prepare them for the transition.
Below is a quick look into our Pre-Kindergarten (4 year old) curriculum. For a deeper look please contact the school office.
- Students will begin to understand the structural format of the Bible.
- Through daily Bible readings students will begin to identify, recall, and retell stories of the Bible and Bible characters.
- As we learn about the Bible and the life of Christ, students will start to understand that through Jesus we are forgiven and through Him is the only way to salvation.
- With prayer incorporated in our everyday learning students will learn how to prayStudents will understand the structural format of the Bible.
- Students will identify, recall and retell stories of the Bible and Bible Characters.
- Students will comprehend why Christians worship – worship practices and styles.
- Students will listen for information and for pleasure.
- Students will express ideas or opinions in group or individual settings.
- Students will understand the characteristics of written language.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to hear, identify, and manipulate individual sounds in spoken words.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to work with rhymes, words, and syllables.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply sound-symbol relationships.
- Students will develop and expand knowledge of words and word meanings to increase vocabulary.
- Students will associate meaning and understanding with reading.
- Students will use the writing process to express thoughts and feelings.
- Students will sort and classify objects and analyze simple patterns.
- Students will use number concepts and operations along with connecting numerals with their quantities.
- Students will identify common geometric shapes and explore the relationship of objects in the environment.
- Students will explore the concepts of nonstandard and standard measurement.
- Students will collect and analyze data in a group setting.
- The student will investigate and experiment with objects to discover information.
- The student will investigate and describe objects that can be sorted in terms of physical properties.
- The student will observe and investigate plants, animals and the basic concepts of the Earth.
- Students will learn to exhibit traits of good citizenship and explore various careers.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of basic geographic concepts.
- The student will discuss how children in various communities and cultures are alike and different.
Additional areas of educational, physical, and personal growth.
- Physical Development (PE)
- Visual Art
- Social/Personal Skills
- Cognitive skills